POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking of moving to something comercial : Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Jun 2005 07:38:10
Message: <429d9e22$1@news.povray.org>

message de news: 4299eadb$1@news.povray.org...

I wrote a Cinema4D vs POV-Ray comparison here:
http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?PovVsC4D

>  Any advice?

I guess that any high-end package can do what you plan to do. However, there
are two things to keep in mind:
- these packages are very comprehensive and the learning curve is steep;
animation, particularly, is tough.
- commercial plug-ins are often necessary in addition to the basic package

G.